1 of 1
Apples are a delicious and healthy fall fruit. Here are a variety of ways to enjoy apples:
Microwave Baked Apple
- Core one apple and place it in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Stuff the apple with 1 teaspoon of soft butter, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 handful of raisins and nuts.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of water into the bottom of the dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes until apple is soft.
- Drizzle with honey or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Crock Pot Apple Sauce
- Peel and core 10 large apples. Cut them into large chunks.
- Place the apple pieces into a slow cooker with 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 to 1 cup sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Cool, stir and serve.
Quick Apple Turnovers
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 3 cans Crescent rolls
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of ginger
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 tsp. warm milk
- a drop of vanilla
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Combine last 4 ingredients and mix with diced apples.
- Separate Crescent rolls; place a large tablespoon of apple mixture in each roll and fold over each side (a diaper fold).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes (cold oven) or for 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Drizzle topping over each roll while still hot. Adjust icing to pouring consistency by adding more sugar if it's too thin or more milk if it's too thick.
For more yummy apple recipes, visit http://www.cooks.com