1 of 1
Agricultural Fairs are educational and entertaining. With a perfect blend of farm animals, exhibits, rides and food fairs are fun for children and adults of all ages. Here is what you need to know about the upcoming NC State Fair and the Cape Fear Fair and Expo.
NC State Fair
- Location: State fairgrounds in Raleigh, NC
- Dates: October 11-21, 2012
- Hours of operation: October 11 the fair is open from 3pm-midnight (midway is open from 3:30-midnight). The rest of the dates, the main gates will be open from 8am-midnight and the midway will be open from 10 am to midnight on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and 10 AM to 11pm on Sunday through Wednesday nights.
- Prices: Tickets can be purchased prior to the fair at a discounted rate. Advanced admission tickets are $6 for adults and $2 for children ages 6-12. Ride tickets may be purchased in advance for $10 for a sheet of 18 tickets. These can be purchased online at http://www.ncstatefair.org/2012/Tickets/index.htm
Admission tickets purchased at the fair are $8 for adults and $3 for
ages 6-12. Ride tickets are $1 each when purchased at the fair.
Kiddie rides are usually 2-4 tickets and adult rides range from 3-8 tickets
- Special Events: concerts, fireworks, competitions, Hunger Relief Day (Bring 4 cans of food on October 18 for a free admission ticket).
- Website: http://www.ncstatefair.org/2012/index.htm
Cape Fear Fair and Expo
- Location: Wilmington International Airport
- Dates: October 25-November 3, 2012
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-11pm, Friday: 5pm-2am, Saturday: Noon-Midnight and Sunday: 1pm-11pm
- Prices: Advance tickets are $15 and can be purchased at any area Scotchman Store. These tickets cover admission and rides. At the gate, these tickets will cost $20. Monday through Thursday a walk around ticket can be purchased for $5. This does not include rides.
- Special Events: Preschool Day (October 31), acrobatic show, illusionist show
- Website: http://www.capefearfair.com/