Weekday mornings are a busy time in most households yet we still owe it to ourselves and our children to eat a healthy breakfast and provide one for them. The following is a great recipe that can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to two days.
Mango Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional (or substitute any preferred sweetener)
- 1/4 cup diced mango (approx. half of a small mango)
- In a half pint jar or container, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, almond extract and honey.
- Put lid on jar and shake until well combined.
- Add mangoes and stir with fork until mixed throughout.
- Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
For additional flavor combinations of this healthy breakfast, visit http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal