1 of 1
Grits are a southern staple and a great base for a yummy breakfast casserole. This recipe is a true crowd pleaser. It is perfect for family breakfast gatherings or office breakfast socials.
Easy Cheesy Grits Casserole
- 1 cups grits (any brand but not instant)
- 3 cups water
Cook grits in water per package instructions.
- 1 pound sausage, cooked, drained, & crumbled
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix butter into the cooked grits.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the milk with the cream of mushroom soup and garlic powder.
- Spread the grits into a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Pour the mushroom soup mixture over the grits and spread it evenly on top.
- Sprinkle the crumbled sausage on top of the mushroom soup mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serves 6-8 people