Chicken and dumplings is a delicious recipe for cooler fall days. Making this comfort food in a slow cooker saves time for busy families. This version is from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in small chunks
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup baby carrot, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Combine all ingredients, except biscuits, in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, tear biscuit dough into 1-inch pieces. Add to your slow cooker; stirring gently.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes or until biscuits are fluffed up and cooked through.
This recipe serves 6.