1 of 1
Savvy shoppers know that there are certain times of the year when it is best to buy things. For example, after holidays you can stock up on holiday themed products for next year such as cards, wrapping paper etc. You can also count on getting discounts on clothes at the end of the season when the next season’s clothes are being stocked in the stores.
However, here are some additional tips for timing your purchases to get the most for your money.
- January is a great month to buy large appliances. New models typically come out in the fall so you can find the previous year’s models on sale by January.
- February is the month to buy a home theater or new television. These are deeply discounted prior to the Super Bowl.
- March is National Frozen Food Month which means shoppers can take advantage of special coupons and savings for frozen food all month.
- April brings many Americans tax returns. Used car dealers reduce prices in April to entice customers to use their tax money to buy a used car.
- May is a wonderful time to buy a new mattress. Stores reduce the prices on mattresses and box springs to make way for the new models that arrive in the summer.
- June is the time to buy a gym membership. As the weather warms up and more people choose to exercise outdoors, many gyms offer special rates to recruit new members.
- July is quite hot and people usually don’t choose to paint in the warmer summer months. So, take advantage of indoor and exterior paint being on sale in July.
- August offers a tax-free weekend making it a great time to purchase a computer. Combined with back-to-school deals, computers can be greatly discounted in August.
- September brings an end to summer and also provides savings on patio furniture. Many stores will offer large discounts on outdoor furniture to make room for Christmas merchandise.
- October, after the back-to-school rush, is an excellent time to buy jeans. Stores offer clearance prices on jeans before the Christmas shopping season begins.
- November is the time to buy frozen turkeys. Prices may be reduced before Thanksgiving, but will often be greater after as the demand is lower and merchants want to move the big frozen birds out of their freezers.
- December finds many families stretching their budgets thin due to major spending on holiday gifts. One great gift to buy for a sports fan is tickets to an NFL football game. These tickets are often reduced in December, especially if a team is not doing well!
These tips were found at http://www.freeshipping.org/blog/best-time-to-buy-guide/
Visit this site to find many more seasonal deals that can save you a lot of money!